FLORHAM PARK, NJ (March 6, 2014)—BurrellesLuce is capping off the excitement of the awards season with its release of the 2014 edition of “Top Media Outlets.”
Now in its second decade, “Top Media Outlets” utilizes data compiled by recognized sources to identify the key players in various media categories. The 2014 edition includes these groupings:
- U.S. daily newspapers
- U.S. daily newspapers online
- Social networks
- U.S. websites
- U.S. consumer magazines
- English-language blogs
- Entertainment blogs
- U.S. television markets
- U.S. radio markets
Here are several highlights of the just-released rankings:
- USA Today posted the largest daily-newspaper circulation, climbing past The New York Times and former leader The Wall Street Journal. (The Times retained the top spot among daily newspapers online.)
- Facebook not only continued its reign over social networks, but widened the gap in share of visits that has existed with second-place YouTube.
- Nine outlets fell from the list of top 25 entertainment blogs and, of the blogs that replaced them, Screen Rant had the best ranking. Deadline again topped the category.
- While there was not much movement within the highest tier of U.S. websites, these down-list sites improved their showing by at least four spots: CNN Interactive, PayPal, and The Weather Channel. In addition, the following sites, which did not appear on the June 2013 BurrellesLuce rankings, made the top 25 in the latest edition: ESPN, Imgur, Instagram, and Wordpress.
“Top Media Outlets” is available, free of charge, to public relations, communications and marketing professionals. For a complimentary copy, visit www.burrellesluce.com/topmedia2014 or call 866-626-8004.
BurrellesLuce is the U.S. leader in media monitoring. Professionals in a wide range of industries rely on our comprehensive curated content from local and national print, online, broadcast, and social media sources. BurrellesLuce has a turnkey copyright compliance program that allows us to provide copyright-compliant, behind-the-paywall content not available to other services. BurrellesLuce combines grade-A content with easy-to-use software, allowing users to evaluate and analyze their media coverage and PR efforts. It's all integrated into our user-friendly interface, BurrellesLuce WorkFlow™.