What are you reading this summer? Has your Internet browser taken to you to some interesting ideas? Here are some of my favorites articles:
- Google’s Patent Screed Emerges As PR Blunder on Search Engine Land by Greg Sterling documents the PR responses by Google and Microsoft over patents.
- How Not to Do a TV Interview by Marsha Friedman on EMSI’s blog gives you four basics to remember for your next TV appearance.
- I’ve heard it said PR needs to understand SEO. Lee Odden gives tips and addresses How Public Relations Can Avoid Failing at SEO on TopRank.
- We can all improve our writing and avoid jargon. Lindsay McCaffrey’s blog brings us 10 MORE words and phrases I don’t want to see in your writing (or hear in the business world).
- Five Minutes with…. Dr. David Michaelson – In this interview with David Geddes, Chair of the Institute for Public Relations Commission on Measurement and Evaluation, Dr. Michaelson discusses standards in PR research and measurement.
- When Click-Thru Rates Aren’t Enough: New Strategies for Social Media Measurement – Joan Coyle, an independent consultant and member of WWPR, recaps a Washington Women in Public Relations Executive Communicators Committee Brown Bag Luncheon with Johna Burke, senior vice president, marketing and a sales, for BurrellesLuce
Do you have any PR summer reads to share with the Fresh Ideas readers?